James P. Johnston, D.O.
Who is Dr. Johnston?
* Board-certified in Family Practice
* Director of the Association of Pro-Life Physicians
* Member of the American Osteopathic Association
* Graduate of Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine in Florida
* Graduate of Ohio University, College of Osteopathic Medicine Family Residency Program, where he was Chief Resident
* CEO and family practice physician for 15 years in Ohio
* Filmmaker and author of several faith-building fiction books
* Father of ten home-educated children
NEW PATIENTS: TO SIGN UP, CLICK NEW PATIENTS. THAT WILL TAKE YOU TO A PAGE WHERE YOU WILL PRINT OUT A DOCUMENT AND PAY. PAYING WILL LEAD YOU TO A PAGE TO MAKE YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT.
Putting the FAMILY Back into Family Practice and the CARE Back into Healthcare
Dr. Johnston practiced typical family medicine for 15 years. He cared for 35-45 patients a day, oversaw nurse practitioners, had seven full-time staff members, took every insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare, and had a large office with seven patient rooms. Dr. Johnston performed most of his patients' dermatological surgeries and orthopedic injections. He directed a multi-disciplinary weight loss center. At the onset of his career, he performed his patients' scopes and cardiac stress tests. His practice grossed more than $1 million a year, but too often, he and his patients felt rushed and increasingly constricted by intrusive bureaucracies.
Dr. Johnston is pleased to provide patients in the Charlotte and surrounding area with a new family-friendly medical practice. It's what family medicine used to be, before bureaucrats and socialists took over.
Your Home Medical Care!
* For the first visit, Dr. Johnston will come to your home and see all family members. He can draw necessary bloodwork and order necessary tests. Follow-up will be by email, text, or phone call.
* Until Dr. Johnston's private practice grows sufficiently busy that he will not have to provide for his family through other work, he will continue employment at local Urgent Care clinics. His private practice patients will have opportunities for appointments with Dr. Johnston on the days he is not scheduled to work elsewhere.
* Dr. Johnston is available for established patients 24/7. He will handle emergent health issues in your family on an as-needed basis, employing phone or facetime whenever possible. This will be done at no extra charge.
* Dr. Johnston will call in any medicines you need, so you will only need to go to the pharmacy once.
* All appointments are conveniently booked by the patient online.
* Payment will be through monthly credit card or monthly bank account withdrawal: From $155 to $185 per month per family.
Keep in mind, the cost for your whole family for a year of Dr. Johnston's care is roughly equivalent to the cost of one E.R. visit to stitch a laceration or get an antibiotic for pneumonia. Dr. Johnston will take care of your whole family for almost all of your acute and chronic medical problems for a year at YOUR Home!
* For new patients, click "New Patients" at the top or bottom of this page. You will be directed to a page to pay for Dr. Johnston's services, and then you will be directed to the calendar to make an appointment. For established patients, click "Established patients" to make an appointment.
Chronic disease care - diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, lung disease, thyroid disease, arthritis, neurological disease, autoimmune disease, etc.
Acute care when Dr. J is available - infections, orthopedic injuries, lacerations, etc.
Infectious disease care
Dermatological skin care
Psychiatric care: major depression, anxiety disorder, ADHD, bipolar disorder, etc.
Consults specialists as needed
Compassionate end-of-life care
An entertaining and informative healthy lifestyle e-newsletter
Occasional lectures on health issues for patients only